Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Just Love..You can't Lose

I have learned that love is not centered solely around one person. Its not just one feeling..
Love is a mother believing in her child and pouring so much into her after being let down one to many times.
Love is a father giving his baby the freedom to fly knowing she will crash and hurt herself multiple times before getting it right. Knowing when its the right moment to give guidance or let them learn the hard way.
Love is looking into the eyes of your little sister and knowing you can not shelter her from all the things that will hurt her. Because just like you she will have to learn for herself. As much as you wish you could take all the pain for her all you can do is hold her and let her feel it all because that's what is molding her into the strong beautiful women she will be one day.
Love is the way a friend can lay her hand on your open wounds no matter how disgusting they might be. The way they desire to understand your mess of thoughts you don't even understand yourself.
Maybe that's what love is...Understanding. I really think people overlook how intimate the act of being understood is. Its not easy to find either. People you can trust don't grow on trees but I've been blessed with several. I am so in love with every color of their soul and the darkest corners of their hearts. Yes I really mean I'm in love. When I tell my friends I love them I hope they know I don't use those words lightly. I really mean it. I love their loud goofy laughs and their moody grunts in the morning when its too early to talk. I love the good times we share but I will sure as hell be there for the bad times too.I love their quirky habits, the unique things that set them a part from others and even the parts they have trouble loving themselves. I fall in love with flaws and imperfections because I know the bravery it takes to be vulnerable enough to expose your scars. Maybe that's when you know you love someone when you don't feel like you have to run when things get dirtier than you expected. When you are able to look at the most revolting parts of yourself with someone else and they don't flinch. Its freeing, beautiful and absolutely terrifying!
I have always been afraid of losing people and its hard for me to put myself out there but I have realized in order to love someone you don't have to pin them down and hold on forever. People will come and go and you can let them take pieces of your heart with them. That doesn't mean you are broken. I think our hearts were made big enough to share a little piece with everyone we come in contact with. Once you realize that you begin to find love in everything..I fall in love with laughter, the light in people eyes and the passion in their voices. I fall in love with sunsets, thunderstorms, music, and the way it makes me feel. I fall in love with moments that have passed but can be repeatedly revisited in my mind. When you find love in every aspect of your life it becomes an exciting adventure. Don't be so afraid of losing people. Some people are only meant to be a small part of the story. It's ok to let your guard down, share smiles, laughs and memories with people just passing through and then turn the page and start another chapter..

No comments:

Post a Comment