Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Warning! Super Sappy Lovey Dovey Post About My Best Friend

You always hear stuff like "You have to love yourself before anyone else can" and I don't believe that's true. Self love is definitely very important and I agree you shouldn't chase love to make up for the lack of love you have for yourself. but the idea that you are not worthy to be loved until you learn how to love yourself I think is completely false. Everyone deserves to be loved. I think sometimes we need other people that love us to teach us how to love ourselves. Watching someone love you when your not very lovable can be exactly what you need. Susie was my person. When I couldn't find a reason to love myself she told me the reasons she loved me.
Its funny how when you love someone. You start to love the things they love. I hate cats but if she liked cats I could learn to appreciate them. and I guess that's how I learned to appreciate me. I never understood why she didn't just give up on me because I can be very difficult. She is the most patient and selfless person I know and I don't think she will every fully understand how the little things she did made such a huge difference. Our goofy little love notes, spontaneous adventures, long talks, long sitting in silences that were sometimes needed and of course all the laughter. Every time I distanced myself and tried to push her out she somehow made her way back in. Even When I refused to talk about the things that were bothering me having her sitting beside me was all the comfort I needed.
We all go through hard times and if your lucky enough to have a friend that will love you through them despite all your imperfections you have friend that's worth the world! I am so grateful for mine..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment