Monday, November 23, 2015

Small Talk

For Someone who hates small talk I sure do make a lot of small talk! It's not always easy to start a conversation about things that are actually important in life so I end up having the same conversations over and over again. I love hanging out with people that I can have real talk with. I don't want to know "whats up?" I want to know about you, the things that make you unique, your flaws, your fears, your funny little quirks. I want to stay up and listen to your raw uncensored thoughts about the things you love, the things you hate or the things you don't quite understand. Tell me about your childhood. I want to hear about your most embarrassing moments, the happy memories you have and the pain that shaped you into the person you are today. I don't want to talk about the weather or listen to the same old complaints about work or school. I would much rather hear what you're learning, your goals, your struggles and what helps you get through them. Those are the things I'm interested in.
I do think there is a place for small talk and I don't think every conversation has to be this deep emotional vomit but it seems we get so use to small talk we don't even know how to have real talk anymore. I just crave a deeper connection with people then "whats up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment